Today's the day-
Masonry Madness 2018.
2018 Spec Mix Bricklayer 500®
The lineup includes:
- MCAA's Masonry Skills Challege
- Showcasing masonry apprentices from across the country
- Spec Mix's Toughest Tender®
- The world's toughest tenders compete to see who can set up their Spec Mix Bricklayer 500 workstation, with a chance to take home $2,500 cash and prizes.
- MCAA's Fastest Trowel on the Block
- Each contestant's goal is to complete as much of a 30 foot long wall as possible, using 8"x8"x16" CMU and the provided mortar in a twenty-minute heat.
- Spec Mix Bricklayer 500®
- Each team consists of a mason and mason tender building a 26 foot 8 inch, double wythe brick wall. The most bricks laid in one hour and counted under the quality rules wins the event, winning over $100,0
- You can watch the Spec Mix Bricklayer 500® World Championship through the 2018 Live Webcast if you aren't lucky enough to be watching it in person at the World of Masonry in Las Vegas today.
Hydro Mobile is one of the many proud sponsors of the Spec Mix Bricklayer 500®.
From Texas we have two representatives in the Spec Mix Bricklayer 500®
North Texas: Mason – Mario Landeros - 554 Brick, Tender – Cristobal Anguiana, from Artisan Masonry – Royce City, TX
South Texas: Mason - David Chavez - 691 Brick, Tender - Miguel Contreras, from Ranch Masonry, Houston, Texas.
Good Luck to all of today's contestants. And to all of the spectators, enjoy a great display of the art of Masonry!!!
Post by: Elizabeth "Liz" Graves, Sales Manager at Spec Rents, LLC. Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org